SPRING IS THE WEATHER WITH
THESE NATURALLY EFFECTIVE REMEDIES. BY VERA TWEED
More than 23 million Americans have been diagnosed with hay fever,
and seasonal allergies are on the rise. Lexi Hagenson, a licensed
acupuncturist, herbalist and nutritional counselor based in Chicago,
offers a number of natural solutions that can help bring relief.
1. Take a Chinese herbal formula with magnolia
flower and Xanthium fruit, which disperses
chest congestion and opens up sinuses.
2. To strengthen your immune system so
able to ward off pathogens and allergens
efficiently, take 1,000 IU of vitamin and
mg of vitamin daily.
3. Flush out allergens trapped in sinuses with a
Neti Pot, an ancient Ayurvedic nasal irrigation
system. Fill it with warm, distilled water and
purified salt designed for this purpose.
4. Avoid mucus-producing dairy and sugar.
5. Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter
to pick up tiny particles of dust, dander and
6. Allow your body to repair itself with seven
to eight hours of sleep nightly.
7. Try acupuncture to decongest sinuses and
improve immune function.
For more tips, visit breatheinacu.com.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT: ISTOCKPHOTO; THINKSTOCK (5)